What is the purpose of motor oil?
The oil in your vehicle is critical to its health, performance and longevity. The purpose of your oil is to reduce friction by lubricating the vehicle’s engine parts. This is especially important in extreme temperatures as it helps break down debris in the engine while protecting engine parts from wear and corrosion.
Why is it important?
Your vehicle needs to perform at a high level, therefore requiring regularly scheduled oil changes. Without this essential maintenance, your vehicle will perform less efficiently and could result in engine warp and burn out. Regular oil services are considered your best form of insurance and help engine longevity.
How often should I get my vehicle oil changed?
Autoscope recommends vehicle oil changes every 6 months or 5,000 miles
What is included in the AUTOSCOPE oil change?
- Vehicle soundcheck
- Review all warning lamps
- Physically and operationally inspect wipers
- Check all fluid levels (Washer Fluid,
- Coolant/Antifreeze, Power Steering, Brake Fluid)
- Inspect Drive Belt
- Inspect Engine for fluid leaks
- Inspect Front and Rear Brake Components (Pads and Rotors)
- Inspect Front and Rear Suspension
- Inspect Front and Rear Tires
- Check and Adjust Tire Pressure
- Assess Oil Condition during draining
- Replace Drain Plug (when applicable)
- Replace Drain Plug Crush Washer
- Replace Oil Filter Element
- Replace Oil Filter Cap O-ring
- Professionally Fill Engine with the correct amount and correct engine oil weight
- Reset Oil Service Reminder
- Provide the customer with details on any items found during the inspection